Find answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Diani beach. Learn more about our all-inclusive vacation packages, hotels, attractions & things to do, how to get there and around and much more.
1. How can I fly to Diani Beach?
You can easily access Diani Beach through Ukunda Airport, a relatively small airport with only one airstrip. Several local airlines operate flights from Nairobi to Diani Beach at Wilson airport and Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Mombasa at Moi International Airport. Major airlines flying to Diani’s Ukunda Airstrip are (Jambo Jet, Safari Link, Silverstone and Skyward Express) mainly from JKIA and Wilson.
2. Which is the best Hotel in Diani?
The best hotels depend on your preferences, budget, location and other factors. Luckily for you, we have a collection of over 110 accommodation providers stretching from hotels, apartments, cottages and homestays on our website and therefore you can search, filter and compare different hotels until you find the best one for you.
3. What are the best restaurants in Diani Beach?
The best restaurants in Diani Beach include;
- Kokko’s Cafe & Bistro.
- Nomads Beach Bar & Restaurant.
- Sails Beach Bar & Restaurant.
- Zanzibar Restaurant at Swahili Beach.
4. Can I swim with dolphins in Diani?
Yes, Diani is located north of Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park at Wasini Island which is home to a vast sea life including dolphins.
5. Which water sport activities can I experience in Diani?
Diani offers jet ski, kite surfing, kayaking, sport fishing, deep-sea diving and much more.
6. How do I get around in Diani?
You can get around Diani by way of Tuk Tuks and local taxis cabs.
7. Where can I go for Shopping in Diani?
The Baharini Plaza and the Diani Beach Shopping Centre both along the beach road offer the best shopping experiences in Diani.
8. How long is Diani Beach?
Diani beach stretches 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) from Kongo River to Galu.
9. What is there to do (activities) in Diani Beach?
You can indulge in water sports, sport fishing and diving, swimming with dolphins, Visit Bora Bora Wildlife Park, try Swahili dishes and much more.
10. How far is Diani Beach from Nairobi?
Diani Beach is approximately 531 kilometres (330miles) from Nairobi City.
11. How far is Diani Beach from Mombasa?
Diani Beach is approximately 25 kilometres (16 miles) from Mombasa.
12. Is Diani Beach public?
All of the beach land in Diani is public. However, the hotels and private establishments located by the beach reserve the right of admission to their properties.
13. Is Diani beach safe?
Diani beach is very safe, this is one of the reasons it’s been hailed as Africa’s leading destination.
14. When is Diani Beach open?
Diani beach is usually open 24hours every day.
15. How far is Diani beach from Mombasa Airport?
Diani beach is located about 42 kilometres from Mombasa Airport
16. What’s the best way to see Diani Beach?
Nothing beats aerial views which you can get by taking a 30-minute flight above Diani with Wild Coast Air Safaris.
17. What hotels are near Diani Beach?
Diani has over 40 accommodations situated by the Beachside – most of which you can book through Diani.travel platform.
18. What restaurants are located by the Beach in Diani?
The best beachside restaurants along Diani Beach include;
- Zanzibar Restaurant at Swahili Beach
- Nomads Beach Bar & Restaurant
- Sails Beach Bar & Restaurant
19. What attractions are near Diani Beach?
The most popular attractions near Diani Beach include;
- Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park.
- Borabora Wildlife Park.
- Kaya Kinondo.
- Shimba Hills Wildlife Park
- Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary.
- Gasi Nature Trail
20. How much is a hotel in Diani Beach for tonight?
Decent hotel prices can range from KES. 3,000 ($30) all the way to an about KES. 30,000 ($300) for luxurious experiences
21. Which hotels in Diani Beach are good for families?
Kaskazi Beach hotel, Swahili Beach Hotel and Baobab Beach Hotel are some of the most popular family hotels in Diani.
22. Which hotels in Diani Beach are good for couples?
The best hotels for couples in Diani include The Maji, Mzima house, Diani Blue and Almanara.
23. Which hotels in Diani Beach have nice views?
All hotels by the beach present some spectacular views of the beach, however Flamboyant Boutique Resort, Diani Sea Resort and Baobab Hotel have the best views.